Your favorite of 2007!!! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
TE Expert

Default Your favorite of 2007!!!

Hello everyone,

The year is almost over already. 2007 was punctuated by many events in the numeric TE universe:sale of TE by Adam, departures of many many great ones, etc... But none of this should shadow the thousands of nice pictures posted this year. Among all of those pictures posted last year, some have stood out from the rest. Those picture show all the talent and the genius of the photographer and just leave you breathless in front of your screen.

I propose that you let us discover what is THE picture (only one) that you placed in your favorite and which is for you, THE shot of last year on TE. The idea is that some of these shots might come from members that are more low profile and whose shots often go unnoticed. Of course, it can also come from more high-profile posters. It can be landscape, street, event, sport...it can be anything as long as it is your favorite. So, we may discover gems that we would not see in any other way. Your favorite pic should have been posted in 2007 by anyone on TE, except from you;). You can also mention why you chose it if there is a particular reason and also mention what pictures were the runner-ups.

The pictures will be grouped in a theme as the thread goes on.

The one I chose for the year 2007 is : Sohrab's "Early Morning in Banaras". Honorable mentions to Jkaranka's Bunny girl riding a bike, Dareki's Breath, Cormac's mountain fresh and Euryan's Breaking the Rules. Sohrab's picture is just so different, surreal and dreamy that I could not pass over it. I was taken right out of a dream.

You can see this same thread but for the year 2006 here. 35 pictures were chosen last year, it would be fun to have a higher number this year!

Cheers!

Marc
Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Your favorite of 2007!!!

The theme can accept only 100 pictures.
Cheers
Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
TE Expert

Didi, last year we had 35, so it's unlikely that we will reach 100. If we do, I'll start another theme.
Let's start with yours, what is your favorite?:D
Bonne fin de journée,
Marc
Old 12-13-2007, 03:53 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Your favorite of 2007!!! it's impossible

It's impossible to found the query becayse of the presence of ** before your favorites.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:59 PM
TE Expert

Didi, I don't understand what you mean. Every link work on my computer. Anyway, I removed the ** in the titles if you prefer.
All you have to do is tell me what is your favorite, and I'll add it to the theme (it's a personal theme).
Marc
Old 12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
TE Expert

Sorry I thougt it was a group Theme
Old 12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
TE Expert

It is not a group theme because some people will probably forget the rule that the picture must have been submitted in 2007, so I edit the theme myself as the pictures are suggested.
Now, let's start it, what is YOURS?:D
Marc
Old 12-13-2007, 04:18 PM
TE Junior Member

Longing, Wrong Direction

Why ? Simple, it's perfect :)

Sasa, we miss you
Old 12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
TE Senior Member

Salut Marc,
C'est une bien bonne idée de créer ce thème personnel.
Alors, voici ma contribution : cette photo de notre ami Hervé (maltese) que j'ai eu la chance de rencontrer à deux reprises à Paris. Elle rend hommage à un autre photographe, Philippe (cobraphil8) que j'ai aussi rencontré. J'aime beaucoup aussi son travail.

Hello Marc,
Making this personnal theme is a very good idea. So, here is my choice : this photo of your friend Hervé who I was luck to meet twice in Paris. This is a tribute to an other photographe who I also met, Philippe (cobraphil8). I also enjoy very much his work.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Great thread Marc, I can't wait to see all the great photos I might have missed.

Here is my favorite photo of 2007: don't look now by bfly.

Here are my honorable mentions:
The dirty truck! by Clairedelune.

Cleft lip by MarcT.

And finally One the Edge by Cormac.

Oh and if I could make a late nomination for the best photo of 2006 it would be this photo: Grandfather and grandchild by rainflower.

Thanks,
Ryan