To PaulVDV: syrian photos - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great daddo 2016-12-08 19:37

Restful scene where even conversations must have a certain ease to them Demure cat adds to the sense of quiet expectation even if the weather was inclement. What to do on a day like this except have a (Turkish)coffee (sorry, can't help it) or a glass of ouzo. Regards. Klaudio.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:42 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: syrian photos

Thank you Paul,
It would have been interesting to see some of your Syrian photos, but I get the impression you have decide not to show them here. Surely they can't be that bad?
Haver a nice weekend,
Gert
Old 12-10-2016, 12:07 PM
TE Expert

Hi Gert,

In that time I had slides.
I have so many slides of my different travels.

If I'd start scanning them, I wouldn't have the time to sleep anymore or I wouldn't have time anymore to spend on TE.
These are the only hours in which I can save some time.

I don't want to shorten my holidays to have more free days at home.
Free time is limited and I still would like to visit many other places before I'm too old.

In addition, I believe that I better don't live too much in the past but in the present. An important factor of watching the pictures on TE is the preparation of a future journey.
Spending time on scanning my old slides would mean living in the past for me.
At least, that's the way I feel ... I may be wrong.

Best wishes,
Paul
Old 12-10-2016, 04:11 PM
TE Expert

As a pensioner with not much of a future I feel quite comfortable living among the photos of the past. Actually it sometimes makes me feel young again to be reminded of places I visited and people I met decades ago. But I agree that scanning is time-consuming, so I only take a little at a time. While I was still working I had a very convenient schedule that gave me a lot of time off duty. Now I am always off duty.
Have a nice weekend.
Gert