To Royaldevon: maintenance - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-07-03 4:17

Hello Gert,

I find these mud walled houses fascinating.
I would imagine that this building has a roof which is used to sit on, since there are apertures through which one can look. I wonder why these are all so intact and yet those shown by Ian are slowly melting (though they are much older, I suppose).
The textures are well captured.

The 'Lady Standing There' is very well placed and makes an irresistible focal point. She also creates a story scene: why is she there, who is she waiting for, why is she alone ... there are many questions to begin a story!

My warm regards,
Bev :-)
I don't know if you are having a problem but TE is running exceedingly slow this morning!

Old 07-03-2020, 01:02 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: maintenance

Thank you Bev,
There is certainly a roof, where the owner would store food supplies or household equipment or dry some of the harvest. The wooden things coming out of the walls are meant for drainage pf rain water.
This house was probably not very old, and it was probably maintained regularly, receiving a new coat of mud where necessary, maybe every year.
Yes, TE is has been extremely slow for several hours. I hope someone in California will speed it up soon.
Have a nice weekend,
Gert