To pamastro: thanks for scavenger hunt idea - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pamastro 2004-09-12 1:23

Well this is very cool, Andrew. The city of the future. Expressways floating almost through the city allowing traffic to fly along in bright sky as the pedestrians have to live in the shadows. The curves and perspective here are very impressive. The old road below has a squiggley feel to it and sort of slow and bumpy look. The new expressway streaks through on a smooth curve really symbolizing smoothness and speed. It is also a nice contrast with the more run down looking building on either side that it slices between. The black and white helps capture these lines beautifully and also nice reflections on the cars which add to the perspective. And that's funny about the sign in the park. Sounds typical. Excellent job capturing this. I'm thinking this could fit into the scavenger hunt for against all odds for a few reasons. For the fact that they squeeze an expressway through here or that daily life goes on in the shadows.

Old 09-12-2004, 10:45 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To pamastro: thanks for scavenger hunt idea

Thank you Paul for your detailed critique of my photo and for the idea of adding it to the scavenger hunt - which I have done.

I especially like your comment about it showing "The city of the future. Expressways floating almost through the city". It reminded me of one of my favourite movies - Blade Runner.

Best regards,
Andrew