Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cam 2007-03-03 12:21

Hi Silke
This is a wonderful look,too bad that the temperature is so warm after,as the snow is already going away.
i like the texture of the tree,like lace,a very delicate piece of art by mother nature,ephemeral.

I find the snow on the roof and the ground overexpose.You had a choice to make and in my eyes,you did the right one.You need to keep the house well exposed and the most important,was that tree,you had to keep it in focus.

ISO 1600?a ISO as low as possible is the best,especially to not get noise.By decreasing the focal to f/11 will still give you a good DOF and increase your speed at the same time.
A tripod will always insure that there will be no movement with a slower speed.
So many things to think about.
Have a good WE
Charles

Old 03-03-2007, 07:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cam: ISO

Thanks once again for your carefully thought out response.
It is appreciated more than you know!
I am still struggling with the camera and it does an automatic ISO that does not alway thrill me! I have to figure that one out -- I'd much rather shoot at ISO 200 -- much to work out yet -- it's a learning curve!
Thanks again and ahve yourself a grand weekend
Silke
Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To cam: ISO

I usually work with aperture priority,so I can choose the desire DOF.The ISO is choosen independantly,I do not know how to do that on your camera,it should be easy.
There is still the correction to do(for the snow),even if you work with aperture priority.
All this took me more than a year to understand and work out,so do not despair,the more you take pictures,the faster it will go.
Next step,no more automatic mode.
Bye
Charles