Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great abulafia 2008-07-13 23:27

Hi Jose
Don't know which one i prefer, to me the colors seem a little manipulated, almost too pink, maybe you didn't do anything to them, but still I lean more towards the B+W.

I see you have similar problems with your lens:) All my pictures from my last trip to UAE was really bad, like you I had to shoot with open aperture, which resulted in pictures that just didn't look sharp and crisp as I had preferred. Funny thing though that yours happened to the kit lens, was starting to wonder if it was a third party lens issue, as I have had it on my Tamron and now also on the sigma.
The Tamron I sent to cleaning, and it helped, and I believe I will do the same to the Sigma when I have the chance.
But your problem is dirty contacts, when you take the lens of, you will find a row of small cobber contacts on your lens, I read somewhere that you can clean them with a piece of pencil rubber, but be careful not to drop any parts of the rubber onto the glass or after wards into the camera.
I have tried it on my Sigma without success, but maybe you are more lucky.

Harry

Old 07-15-2008, 04:02 AM
TE Expert

Default To abulafia: error 99

Hi Harry!
I had the same problem to my Tamron first, but since it has warranty I've sent to the service and now it is working very well. So, the problem occurs to my kit lens! Well, I quit cheap lenses and now I bought an "L" series, waiting to something better, to avoid this problems.
I've tried to use a rubber as well without success. The Tamron service told me about any other problem and it was serviced successfuly.
Thank you very much for trying to help me!
All the best!
Zeca
Old 07-15-2008, 05:19 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To abulafia: error 99

My pleasure
And I have done the same as you, I also bought a L series lens and is hoping to avoid this in the future:)

Harry