Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great graffer 2008-12-19 4:06

Hello Mike,

This is a very attractive night shot. The illuminated red doors and sign bring life to the image. I also like the figure at the left walking into the picture.

The diagonals of the kerbs and the lines on the road add strength to the composition.

I know from your intro that you are not keen on much PP, but I would like to try a simple WS for you to straighten up that central door frame, and some of the nearby verticals of the buildings.

I'd be interested to know details of the exposure.

Good note!

Regards,

Peter.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:09 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To graffer: Trafalgar public house

Peter,
Thanks. One thing I have learned from being part of TE is to always sharpen a picture slightly, so thanks for your WS, it has improved it, when you first said about straightening the door I thought 'It looks OK to me" but now I can see what you have done and I now see what you mean. I am always aware that Photoshop can turn a picture from what it really was in to what you would like it to be or what you thought it was.
I have another 400 pictures of Plymouth at night so you may see some more of the better over the next few months.
Thanks again.
Mike