Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great fulvio52 2009-02-04 11:35

Hi, Kath.
Busy as hell since 6.00 AM this morning but I just HAD to stop by, shower & dinner can wait for a moment. Now, I reckon I can safely state the light display is so truthful to this area that it feels like I'm standing out on that field, looking at that magnificent jagged range. I remember dramatic sunsets at Owl Creek Pass and Silver Jack Reservoir in late June 2006... clouds running in the sky, the air getting chilly, the last sunlight cutting in like a razorblade. Well, in all honesty what I see here is... what I remember, no more no less. No need for high-tech chitchat : it's an awesome shot, you captured light and mood like you were born and living in Ridgway. Cheers!
By the way, that Mexican restaurant should be the Adobe Inn, it's the only one I know in town. That being the case : excellent choice! Have a nice evening, I'll see you soon.
Fulvio.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:51 PM
TE Expert

Default To fulvio52: Light

Thanks Fulvio
I think we were very lucky to get the last of the light, especially when you see the blackness of the clouds. There was quite a decent sunset going on behind us with dark red clouds. I don't think I noticed the name of the restaurant, but it was one John wanted to take us to, as he had been in the past and had great food. He wasn't wrong; we had an excellent meal. If the Adobe Inn is the only one in town then that will be it! ;D
I just saw the green star with your name on it!! ;D Thank you once more!
Kath
btw. We were on the moors yesterday knee deep in the white stuff!
K
Old 02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To fulvio52: Light

You're absolutely welcome.
Plenty snow, uh? Yeah, I saw it on BBC... Personally speaking : I can't wait to finally get through this winter and see some sunshine & reasonable temps, and TRAVEL! Even if that only means jumping on my bicycle with the camera & a couple sandwiches and hit the countryside around here. Winter & cold just get on my nerves and patience's never been my main feature...
Take care, see ya later.
F.