Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Floydian 2009-05-19 0:41

Dear Judy,

Interesting, very interesting and i would love to shoot such a place in perfect light. The little island in front, those snow peaks in the back...works pretty good don't you think. So many places to see, so many places to visit. One day i have to go to Alaska, but i think it will be the Denali area...so i will doubt if i will ever make it tho this wonderful location....

Regards,

Henk

Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Floydian: Thanks, Henk

Thanks for your comments, Henk. Many people have asked why I "chose" such light for photos taken at Misty Fjords. Well, either you have your own boat, at which time you can choose your time and place, or you do the best you can with the boats which run daily during the summer tourist season. By the time the commercial boats travel to the backside of our island (in the background), it's about noon, and I'll agree, that's a terrible time to get a great shot, sigh. Regardless, Misty is a magical place, and it's well worth the trip (and the photographs!).

The biggest draw in Alaska is probably Denali, so enjoy it if you get the chance (hope you see it -- I didn't, it's often obliterated by clouds). Southeast is an entirely different environment which is often rainsoaked and shrouded in low-lying mists and clouds. I prefer the mountains and rainforest to the open plains of interior Alaska. I get a little agorophobic up there!

Judy