Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2011-09-20 20:16

Hi Mariusz

hahahah, clever title. Love the purple and gold tones and the low POV. Thse ruins are absolutely magnificent and you've shot them exquisitely. What an experience. Congratulations, nice shot an it's good to see you posting a bit more. Hope all's well with the job situation.

Slainte
Lisa

Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 AM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: title

Hi Lisa,
thanks for mentioning the title
My English is far from perfect, I started to learn the language during my studies which is too late. Still I try sometimes to be creative with titles and yet I have noticed that many people present on TE really do not understand the titles. If a title for example relates to a movie title popular in English language -many movies including titles are translated into German or Polish and they exist in people's memory under the translated title.
Often people ask me if I know a movie giving me the Polish title, but since I live abroad I usually watch movies in English and I don't know the Polish title. This is just one example but it illustrates well my problem here. In some cases I decided to give a detailed explanation of the title for non native speakers but then again it sounds kind of ridiculous for native speakers when I explain the spelling etc.

As mentioned elsewhere I am not that big fun of sports and I have missed the celebration in Dublin which I really regret as this was a great photo opportunity. I have seen some photos of the celebration on the streets later.

Job situation is still pretty bad unfortunately.

Kind regards,
M