Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2011-11-15 12:10

Hello Way,
Tsť Bii' Ndzisgaii ... I wonder how it's pronounced.
It's an impressive landscape picture with these 'monuments' rising up on the plain. The red colour of the rocks also makes this landscape so beautiful, specially under that blue sky.
When I look at this picture I wonder if we have here a complete overview of Monument Valley. Or is this a selection from an even larger entity of spectacular rocks ?
Don't understand me wrong. I find this a very fascinating and impressive landscape. It's just that I know that those western states of the US cover a huge area (certainly compared to the surface of my country). The same thing can be said of the national parks. So for someone who never visited the U.S., these landscapes seem like being endless.
And yes, I can understand that even at your third visit, it still takes your breath away.
Best regards, Paul

Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To PaulVDV: More to Monument Valley

Hello Paul,

Thanks for you kind words always. This is only a portion of the overall area, it is so much more to Monument Valley than the eyes can see. there are places that we are not allow to go on our own, but you can hire a Navajo Indian guide to take you, there are many secrete and hidden places that is wonderful for photography. I didn't have enough time and did have enough money to spend on a guide.

Way
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 PM
TE Expert

Default Wow

Thanks Way !