Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great john_c 2005-04-09 20:55

Well, Garden, since we both live in the Fraser Valley (and I wrote its history) its time I critiqued one of your photos. You did a good job with your new lens on this one. The gulls and water add nicely to the shot, and the clouds over the mountains are very effective. My only irritation is with that telephone pole that stands right in front of the silo and distant farm building. It would be hard to crop of course, because that would crowd the red barn. Overall, a very good result for your new lens. Regards, John.

Old 04-10-2005, 05:11 AM
TE Expert

Default To john_c: Hello John

Well if you look closely you will see that the gulls are out of focus by a little bit. I shold have used a smaller F stop to bring the whole scene into focus. I used a smaller F stop on the Farm scent this morning and the focus is much better. According to ths Fredmiranda photo site this 70-200 is really sharp right at f 4 but I have found that a smaller f stop setting is th answer. I have also begun to use a tripod for catching these scenes. The results are very pleasing. My email address is [email protected] It would be nice to meet some time seeing we live in the same area. I am sure we could find lots to talk about. Thanks for your comments again.