Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great No_One 2013-07-18 10:43

Hi Russ
I love the idea that this was submerged. Was the conch part of it or did the figure just come back up with it? :)

Its another beauty in black and white, and you chose a perfect point of view to show its depth, as well as giving all the detail of the face. I must admit when you said you were going to post a statue of Jesus to counter all the naked mermaids, I expected something quite more severe than this but this is actually a very relaxed looking statue of the man. His body language emphasizes the power of the symbol but his features are quite soft (in emotion, I see that physically they are quite sharp). A great statue and a pleasant surprise. I think I am too used to seeing the more serious figures in Irish churches.
Cheers
Noel

Old 07-19-2013, 12:38 AM
TE Senior Member

Talking To Noel_Byrne: Spot on, Noel!

Howdy!

Thanks for being a fan of this series. I apologize for being a rather poor correspondent for the next several days -- we have a family project (emptying my mother-in-law's former home) and a reunion on Sunday. I should be back in the saddle Monday!

But I wanted to say THANK YOU for being a fan of this series; guess I've already said these have turned into mere prototypes for a serious project that will await my next trip to La Paz. And you are SPOT ON in everything you say about this piece! I am trying to find more about it being submerged and will share details as I learn them; AND I chuckled loudly at the idea that the shell may have been something he snagged while underwater!

Wish I had time to write more -- next week, I hope!

Best regards,

Russ
Austin, Texas