Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2017-12-24 14:10

Hi Gert
Great photo and story. It's similar to the "welcome" I experienced in Iraqi Kurditan in 2014, as you say, a result of the lack of foreign visitors during the war.
One good outcome of the war was the damage to your hotel to create that fabulous viewpoint... ;-) Great bird's eye view shot. The VW Beetle looks almost out of place among all the bikes.
I'm glad you're posting images from Bangladesh as it's very high on my travel wishlist.
Best wishes
Kasia
Ps. I forgot to add when commening on your last photo - the poor Bangladesh has recently accommodated more than half a million refugees from Burma. Many much more affluent countries in Europe (especially eastern Europe) feel too poor to do the same. Just another Christmas-related thought...

Old 12-25-2017, 12:01 PM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: bangladesh

Hello Kasia, thanks for your kind words.
I'm sorry, but I don't expect to post any more photos from Bangladesh. Whatever I had was uploaded already years ago. I'm not surprised to hear you plan to go there. I am sure you have seen the photos by everlasting", who has posted lots of beautiful pictures, very much in your style. Fantastic views are waiting for you there.
Best wishes,
Gert