Photographer's Note

The Basilica of San Francesco in Assisi, is a place that preserves since 1230 and holds the mortal remains of the saint seraphic. Ordered by Pope Gregory IX which specialis ecclesia, was honored by the Pope himself the title of Caput et Mater Order of Minors and simultaneously assigned in perpetuity to the friars.
In the complex history that has marked the evolution of the Order, the church (and the adjacent Sacred Convent) was always guarded by the so-called "brothers of the community," the group that went up as a result of the Order of Friars Minor Conventual.
Since 1796 has the dignity of the Papal Basilica. In 2000, together with other Franciscan sites in the district, the basilica has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.

ikeharel, poutpout, ourania, pierrefonds, holmertz, snunney, ChrisJ, kordinator, delpeoples, annjackman ha contrassegnato questa nota come utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1551
Points: 44
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 17715 W: 130 N: 37225] (202908)
View More Pictures