Foto

Photographer's Note

Seu d'Urgell was built during the middle ages different and successive buildings that suffered the vicissitudes of this revolt era of struggle.

The final cathedral we see today began in the early twelfth century but its evolution was slow and they had to be relaunched in 1175 due to the underdevelopment of the work engaging the Bishop Arnau de Pereixents the teacher Ramón Lambardo for completion.

Yet the church is not finished. It has three ships that reach a very long cruise, two huge towers topped unfinished.

The side apses are dug into the walls without protruding from it.

The central apse is of great size and beauty through the gallery on pillars arches that crown on top, reminding many churches and cathedrals scattered throughout northern Italy and Germany.

The cloister is rectangular and is located in the heart of the cathedral. Consisted of four galleries that are only kept three. The fourth was demolished in 1603 and rebuilt in a completely different style. The capitals have a clear influence of the architecture of Roussillon. Are carved in granite with decorative themes and figurative.

-------------------------------------------

Seu d'Urgell vio construir durante la alta edad media diferentes y sucesivos edificios que sufrieron los avatares de esta revuelta época de luchas constantes.

La catedral definitiva que hoy podemos contemplar se inició a comienzos del siglo XII aunque su evolución fue muy lenta por lo que debió ser relanzada en 1175 debido al escaso desarrollo de las obras contratando el obispo Arnau de Pereixens al maestro Ramón Lambardo para su finalización.

A pesar de todo la iglesia no está terminada. Posee tres naves que alcanzan un larguísimo crucero, rematado en dos enormes torres inacabadas.

Los absidiolos laterales se excavan en los muros sin sobresalir de él.

El ábside central es de gran porte y hermosura gracias a la galería de arcos sobre columnas que lo corona en su parte superior, recordando a numerosas iglesias y catedrales dispersas por el norte de Italia y Alemania.

El claustro es de planta rectangular y se encuentra en el centro mismo de la catedral. Constaba de cuatro galerías de las que sólo se conservan tres. La cuarta fue derruida en 1603 y se reconstruyó en un estilo completamente diferente. Los capiteles tienen una clara influencia de la arquitectura del Rosellón. Están esculpidos en granito con temas ornamentales y figurativos.

jlbrthnn, janusz2054, josepmarin, nikkitta, s_lush, carlosmarin, kordinator, Charo ha contrassegnato questa nota come utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1277
Points: 30
Discussions
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 9190 W: 5 N: 16504] (73484)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH