Foto

Photographer's Note

This is a view of the phase II of the construction for the Armerding Center for Music and the Arts. The College broke ground for this phase on February 19 2019. This phase will include a lobby, a 648-seat concert hall, and a choral rehearsal room. They expect it to be completed in August 2020.

The first phase was open to students on Oct. 19, after a year-long construction process and 38 years as Wheaton’s main science building. As the new home for the Conservatory of Music, Armerding Hall provides practice rooms, teaching studios, classroom space and faculty offices which doubled the space previously available to the conservatory in Pierce Chapel and McAlister Hall. After Armerding officially opened, Breyer Hall — attached adjacently by a glass atrium — was torn down to make room for the new concert hall.

The new home of the Conservatory of Music was named in honor of the fifth president of Wheaton College, Hudson T. Armerding ’41, upon his retirement. This structure once housed the science and mathematics departments. But music was the heart of the Armerding family, so it is fitting that the new home the Conservatory of Music will continue to carry the name.

Click here for a larger version of the main entry.
The workshop for this entry includes:
Chase Commons: This little alcove overlooking Blanchard Hall is dedicated to J. Richard Chase (1930-2010), the sixth president (1982-1993) of Wheaton College.


Kampüste İnşaat

Bu Armerding Müzik ve Sanat Merkezi inşaatının II. aşamasının bir görünümüdür. Kolej 19 Şubat 2019'da bu aşama için temel attı. Bu aşamada bir lobi, 648 kişilik bir konser salonu ve bir koro prova odası yer alacak. Ağustos 2020'de tamamlanmasını bekliyorlar.

İlk aşama, 19 Ekim'de, bir yıllık inşaat süreci ve Wheaton’un ana bilim binası olarak 38 yıldan sonra öğrencilere açılmıştı. Müzik Konservatuarı'nın yeni evi olan Armerding Binası, daha önce Pierce Şapeli ve McAlister Binası'ndaki konservatuarda mevcut olan alanı ikiye katlayan uygulama odaları, öğretim stüdyoları, sınıf alanı ve fakülte ofisleri sunmaktadır. Armerding resmi olarak açıldıktan sonra, cam bir atriyum ile bitişik olan Breyer Binası, yeni konser salonuna yer açmak için yıkıldı.

Müzik Konservatuarı'nın yeni evi, emekliliği üzerine Wheaton Kolej’in beşinci rektörü Hudson T. Armerding ’41 onuruna aldandırıldı. Bu yapı bir zamanlar bilim ve matematik bölümlerini barındırıyordu. Ancak müzik, Armerding ailesinin kalbiydi, bu yüzden Müzik Konservatuarı'nın yeni evinin adı taşımaya devam etmesi uygun.

Ana girişin daha büyük bir sürümü için buraya tıklayın.
Bu girişin atölyesinin içeriği:
Chase Avlusu: Blanchard Binası’na bakan bu küçük kuytu alan Wheaton Kolej'in altıncı rektörü (1982-1993) J. Richard Chase'e (1930-2010) adanmıştır.


Exif Data
Camera / Image Information
Make: NIKON
Model: COOLPIX AW100
Lens:
Software: Adobe Photoshop 21.0 (Macintosh)
File Size: 1703 kb
Shot Information
Exposure Time: 1/640
F-Stop: f/7.8
ISO Speed Ratings: 125
Focal length: 5.0 mm (in 35mm: 28 mm)
Date Taken: 2019-08-16 15:42
Metering Mode: Pattern
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

papagolf21, COSTANTINO, holmertz, Fis2, PiotrF ha contrassegnato questa nota come utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 0
Points: 22
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Murat Tanyel (mcmtanyel) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 7624 W: 302 N: 16421] (62055)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH