Foto

Photographer's Note

CROWN RED BEACH - "... a very large island and Suguro ..." so wrote Pero Vaz de Caminha in his famous letter to the Portuguese king D. Manoel referring to the place where the ships anchored What brought the Portuguese led by Pedro Alvares Cabral when the official discovery of Brazil in April 1500. On 26 April 1500, the Frei Henrique de Vasconcellos prayed the First Mass in Brazil. At the site of this historic event is the Latin cross installed in 2000 to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the official discovery of Brazil.

Red Crown, even having lived so many historical moments in Brazil and has received many Portuguese expeditions in the early centuries of colonization has been a staging area for Indians and Portuguese settlers who moved from the current Cabrália Santa Cruz to Porto Seguro.

In 1917, the couple Manoel Gonçalves Freire Magna Valerio and Valerio, residents of the town of Belmonte, bought the area of modern Jaqueira Reserve (36 acres) by the value of the age of 245 escudos.

Manuel continued to live in the town of Belmonte. To take care of the area of Jaqueira put an employee who survived exploring some cropland. In 1946, Manuel and his family moved to Jaqueira of Belmonte, where they began to produce cassava, sugar cane, pineapples and bananas.

In 1972 Manoel Goncalves dies Valerio. His wife remains for two years in Jaqueira but ends up selling the property to Bishop Benedict de Aguiar for "... 4 million reis. Magna back to Belmont.

Belmonte Sebastian bringing products to market in Porto Seguro. Nobody knew how the region. Cora saw the rising Red. A small church (captains) appeared on the beach. "The wooden cross was rotting ... a landmark of marble stone was stuck ... but ended up dropping out ..."

The house closest to the "captains" was his Zeca, located along the river Mutari. Your Emilio lived at the place which was called "The Moor". Henrique Manoel Bastansa and Sebire, residents of Indian forests Caraíva (Village Barra Velha-Porto Seguro) build their small houses in Red Crown. Soon after arriving the family of Peter Marculino - father of the first chief of the Village of Red Crown, his Benedict. Then came the families of Itambé Pagé, Rufino and others who collaborated in the construction of Red Crown.

In 1970 Aristão Reis had a great old house. Your Romildo was a craftsman who also lived in the area. The Indian Cave Joseph died at 113 years. These data were supplied by Mme. Judith Santacruz Coast who built the first beach tent installed on the beach at Red Crown.

Officially, the village appeared in the region in 1972. This year, a survey in the community reported a population of 1202 indigenous inhabitants.

Its main activity is the manufacture and marketing of handicrafts.

The village is located near the historical site of Red Crown between the beach and BR 367, 07 km far from the headquarters of the city. There you will find crafts of the Indians Pataxós.

Nobody ha contrassegnato questa nota come utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1748
Points: 0
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Marco Antonio Gomes (Mamg) Silver Note Writer [C: 5 W: 0 N: 12] (75)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH